Monday, September 29, 2008

Brace Face!!!



Well working for an orthodontics office has it's advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantage you see a lot of perfect teeth and realize how jacked up yours are. Advantage- you can get braces and be treated without making an apt. ha. Dr A has been itching to put braces on my 'jacked up' teeth as he calls them since day 1. So I finally let him. Tomorrow I will get my lovely Roof Pallet Expander so I will sound like I just had my jaw wired shut to expand my pallet for my teeth to move in so they will be pretty. We are kinda known as the non-teeth pulling orthodontist. Not always but we do Pallet Expanders vs pulling teeth a lot of the time. Who know they may put it in tomorrow and I may say forget it take it back out. I already am having a hard time with the excessive spit that is forming in my mouth! But everyone loves how big and pretty my teeth are so they keep telling me I will have a nice big pretty smile and all this will be worth it in the end. I sure hope so!

2 Love notes:

Celeste B. said...

Owie! Braces sure do hurt. I have big teeth too (siblings seem to have the same things don't they?) At least yours are not nearly as "jacked up" as some of us. I was one of the lucky ones that did not have major work done, just the basics with bands and all. I was actually GLAD to have the teeth pulled since it meant I kept my wisdom teeth. BUT, I remember that you already have your wisdom teeth out. You will have a great smile once it is all over.

Quader's said...

I am hoping so. I talked to Dr Garner and he is letting me try a TPA which is a bar in the roof of your mouth with and expansion to it instead of an rpe. I will have to post a pic of the rpe everyone will understand why I didn't want to do it. :)