Friday, March 20, 2009

Bad Patient :)



Well anyone who has seen me since my braces have been put on, or especially the last couple of months hav seen my enormous lips!! Red, inflamed, dry, cracked and very unattractive. Well since I work for an orthodontist, me and the people I work with have been trying to figure out why my lips are reacting this way. Rubberbands to non latex etc. Well after about 2 months of this and not being able to kiss my kids or my husband let alone eat without having fire lips I decided my teeth were better than they were and so after 8 months of wearing, OFF came my braces. :) My teeth look great to most people who don't spend their whole day looking at teeth. So I have to say I am pretty pleased with the progress and looking forward to my lips returning to normal size. I must say that I had them taken off in the morning and by nightfall they were already 70% better. The doctors have never seen anything like it. Most of the girls think I was having an allergic reaction only in my mouth to the stainless steal. Whatever it was I am one of kind still :)

7 Love notes:

Brandi said...

Your teeth look great! Sucks that you have had swollen lips...sorry.
My middle one has had an alergic reaction to her brackets too, only hers just affects her gums. Her gums have been swollen since her braces were put on! Lucky for her, she is on the home stretch for having braces! :D
I, on the other hand, have been doing invisalign. LOVE IT!!! I am pretty much through with my treatment, we are just tweeking one tooth now! :D

Celeste B. said...

Wow - that is weird. I have seen lots of people do Invisalign. But, I would not like something surrounding my teeth and I don't know what i would do with the spit.

Sam has difficulty with her gums, but I think she just doesn't brush well enough. Even though I bought her an Oral-B electric toothbrush.

I think your teeth look very nice even if you did not wear them the whole time. Just keep wearing your retainer!

AZ Larsens said...

I think your teeth look great!! I love your hair too by the way. Cute picture!

William and Marianne said...

thank you!!! when is all your birthday btw!?

William and Marianne said...

hey! i had one more question. remember when we shot that video at TIR? or is it TRI!? anyways*** the skinny girl that was our massage model.... i was wondering... do you have her email. she gave it to me and i lost it. she told me if i ever had a question for her brother (who does videography like me) then to email her. well... i need her email.... do you have it? thanks!! =)

William and Marianne said...

thanks girl!!

Kleinmans said...

Exciting! What a good feeling! Can't wait to see them!